Pumpkins muffins with streusel and cream cheese drizzlePrep: 25 min Cook: 30 min Servings: 6by Cissy1 recipe>
These are a copycat of dunkin donuts pumpkin muffins and were absolutely amazing!
- FOR THE MUFFINS:
- 1 3/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 tsp baking soda
- ½ tsp baking powder
- ½ tsp salt
- 2 tsp pumpkin pie spice
- 15 oz. can of pumpkin (not pumpkin pie filling)
- ½ cup buttermilk
- ½ tsp vanilla
- 1 egg
- 1/2cup canola oil
- FOR THE STREUSEL:
- 2 Tbsp granulated sugar
- 3 Tbsp brown sugar, packed
- ½ tsp cinnamon
- Dash of nutmeg
- 4 Tbsp butter, melted
- ½ cup, plus 3 Tbsp all-purpose flour
- FOR THE CREAM CHEESE GLAZE:
- 3 Tbsp cream cheese, softened
- 3 Tbsp confectionerâs sugar (may need more or less)
- 2 Tbsp milk (may need more or less)
- 1/2 tsp of vanilla
- Pre-heat the oven to 350 degrees. Can make 6 jumbo muffins or 12 regular sized muffins
- In a medium bowl, whisk together flour, sugar baking powder, baking soda, pumpkin pie spice, and salt.
- In a large bowl, combine pumpkin, egg, canola oil, buttermilk and vanilla. Mix until smooth.
- Gradually mix the dry into the wet ingredients in batches. Be sure NOT to overmix! Overmixing results in dry muffins. You should still have a slightly lumpy batter, as seen in the above photo.
- Fill each muffin liner ¾ of the way full.
- Now, prepare your streusel. Combine sugars, cinnamon and nutmeg in a small bowl. Add in melted butter and then add flour in batches â working the mixture with your hands until all is incorporated. The end result should be crumbly.
- Add streusel evenly over unbaked muffins.
- Bake for 30-32 minutes for jumbo muffins or 23-25 min for regular size muffins or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
- Allow muffins to cool completely.
- To prepare the glaze: beat softened cream cheese with confectionersâ sugar and vanilla. Add milk, one Tbsp at a time, until the right consistency is achieved.
- Using a spoon, drizzle evenly over cooled muffins.
Leave a review or comment