Pumpkin Whoopie Pies with Maple Cinnamon FrostingPrep: 20 min Cook: 15 min Servings: 12by goodkarmamama3 recipes>
Heavenly Twist on Pumpkin Pie
- PUMPKIN WHOOPIE PIES WITH MAPLE CINNAMON CREAM CHEESE FROSTING
- WHOOPIE PIES:
- 3 cups all-purpose flour (I used 1 cup white whole wheat, and 2 cups all-purpose)
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 2 tablespoons ground cinnamon
- 1 tablespoon ground ginger
- 1 tablespoon ground cloves
- 2 cups firmly packed dark-brown sugar
- 1 cup vegetable oil
- 3 cups pumpkin puree, chilled
- 2 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 3 cups powdered sugar
- ½ cup unsalted butter, at room temperature
- 8 ounces cream cheese, at room temperature
- 3 Tablespoon maple syrup
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1/2 tsp freshly ground cinnamon
- WHOOPIE PIES:
- Make the cookies: Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line two baking sheets with parchment paper or a nonstick baking mat; set aside.
- In a large bowl, whisk together flour, salt, baking powder, baking soda, cinnamon, ginger, and cloves; set aside. In another large bowl, whisk together brown sugar and oil until well combined. Add pumpkin puree and whisk until combined. Add eggs and vanilla and whisk until well combined. Sprinkle flour mixture over pumpkin mixture and whisk until fully incorporated.
- Using a small ice cream scoop with a release mechanism, drop heaping tablespoons of dough onto prepared baking sheets, about 1 inch apart. Transfer to oven and bake until cookies are just starting to crack on top and a toothpick inserted into the center of each cookie comes out clean, about 15 minutes. Let cool completely on pan.
- In the bowl of an electric mixer fitted with a paddle attachment, beat the butter until smooth with no visible lumps. Add the cream cheese an beat until combined.
- Add the powdered sugar, maple syrup and vanilla and beat until smooth. Add cinnamon. Be careful not to overbeat the filling, or it will lose structure.
- To assemble:
- Turn half the cooled cookies upside down. Pipe filling (about a TBSP) onto that half. Place another cookie, flat side down, on top of the filling. Press down slightly so that the filling spread to the edges of the cookie. Repeat until all the cookies are used. Put the whoppie pies in the refrigerator for about 30 minutes to firm before serving.
Leave a review or comment