Pound Cake Dessert Bowls, Red, White, and BluePrep: 30 min Cook: 20 min Servings: 6by Doctor Jo36 recipes>
Pound Cake Bowls, Red, White, and Blue, are a delicious addition to a 4th of July celebration or summer picnic. The pound cake is baked into the shape of a bowl, heaped high with fresh ripe berries and topped with whipped cream.
- For Pound Cake
- ⅔ cup butter (151g) softened
- 1¼ cup sugar (233g)
- 2 eggs
- 2 egg yolks
- 1½ tsp vanilla
- ¼ tsp salt
- 1⅛ cups flour (147g)
- 1 ½ cups strawberries
- 1½ cups blueberries
- ¼ cup simple syrup
- 1 cup heavy cream
- Beat the butter with a hand mixer until creamy and then add to the bowl of the stand mixer.
- Add the sugar to the butter and beat on medium for 2 minutes, scrape the edges of the bowl.
- Add the vanilla to the eggs (2 whole and 2 yolks) and whisk to mix.
- Add the eggs to the sugar-butter mixture 1/6 of the total at a time. Beat on low between each addition of the eggs until the eggs are well mixed in. Once all the eggs are mixed in, scrape edges of the bowl. Then on medium beat the batter for another 2 minutes and scrape the edges down again.
- Add the salt to the flour and mix together. Add the flour to the batter with the mixer on low. Add 1/4 of a cup at a time, beating between each addition until all the flour is mixed in. Scrape the sides of the bowl again and then beat a final 2 minutes on medium.
- Fill the wells of the dessert bowl pan to ¼ of an inch from the top. Take a knife and run it through the batter to make sure the edges don't have any air pockets.
- Bake at 350°F for 18 - 20 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. The batter will rise up over the tops of the wells and spread out. This is ok.
- Once the cakes are done let them cool for 30 minutes. Then cut off the tops before removing from the pan. This will give the bowl a flat even bottom. Run a knife around the edge of the pan to make sure the cake is loose and invert the pan to remove the dessert bowl.
- Make the stabilized whip cream and put in a cake decorating bag with a star tip. The whipped cream can be made ahead of time and kept in the fridge until ready to serve.
- Mix the strawberries and blueberries together and add the simple syrup or sweetener of your choice.
- Add 1/2 cup of berries to each bowl and top with the whipped cream. Serve immediately.
Leave a review or comment