Potato and Crab Meat SoupPrep: 20 min Cook: 30 min Servings: 4by Julia Ann Souders62 recipes>
This soup makes a good beginning for a holiday dinner for a light, late night supper to celebrate the holiday evening. ©2007-2014 Netta Belle’s Choice® cookbookinabox® “Reg. U.S. Pat. & Trdmk.Off.” Reg. “Trade-marks Canadian Intellectual Property Office.” nettabelleschoice.com and cookbookinabox.com. All rights reserved.
- 12 ounces lump crab meat, drained and checked for shells
- 1 large russet potato, diced 1/2 inch size
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1/4 cup onion, diced
- 2 cups milk
- 1 tablespoon flour
- 1/2 cup cream or half and half milk
- 1/2 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon Netta Belle's Choice Flavour-Enhancer Spice Blend
- 1 pinch of nutmeg, freshly grated
- 1 tablespoon sherry
- Cook in a double boiler or heavy large sauce pan to prevent scorching.
- When using canned crab meat, check for shells; set aside.
- Peel and dice the potato, cook until soft; drain and set aside.
- Heat the milk and have ready to add to the mixture.
- Melt the butter in the double boiler or sauce pan.
- Add the onion and cook until it is soft and translucent.
- Add the crab meat and potato and stir in the heated milk.
- Stir the flour and cream together to a smooth paste and pour into the milk mixture.
- Add the Worcestershire sauce, Flavour-Enhancer spice Blend, grated nutmeg and sherry.
- Cook over low heat for 30 minute without letting soup come to a boil.
Leave a review or comment