Pork Tacos cooked in a spicy green chili saucePrep: 5 min Cook: 15 min Servings: 2by Spicie Foodie12 recipes>
Yummy tacos in spicy green chili sauce! A couple of days ago I posted a recipe for my green chili salsa, well I had a lot left over and rather than trowing a perfectly good sauce away I looked in refrigerator to see what or how to use it up, other than with chips. Pork , tortillas, cilantro and onions ....Taco night!
- Pork cutlets (or any piece that isn't fatty)
- Green chili salsa (recipe here)
- little vegetable oil
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- Corn or Flour tortillas
- chopped fresh cilantro
- finely chopped onion
- a couple of lime/lemon wedges
- 1. Cut any fat off the meat then cut into bite size pieces. Warm the vegetable oil in a pan then add the pork an fry until it's cooked all the way through, about 10 minutes. Next add the garlic and cook for 3 minutes, then add the chili salsa. Cover and over medium low heat let simmer for an additional 10 minutes stirring occasionally.
- 2. While the meat is simmering chop the cilantro and onion, slice the lemons. Then once the meat is finished warm up the tortillas. Place some meat and sauce in center of the tortillas, top with cilantro and onion. Serve the lime/lemon wedges on the side for everyone to squeeze their own on top of the tacos.
- You could serve these tacos with some beans or rice, or on their own.
Leave a review or comment