Pongal with Tomato ChutneyPrep: 30 min Cook: 30 min Servings: 4by anita mokashi13 recipes>
Pongal is the most delicious form of Khichdi with lots of peppers, cashwenuts and ghee
- 2 cup white rice
- 1 cup yellow moong dal(split moong dal)
- 2 teaspoon finely chopped ginger
- 1/2 teaspoon asafetida
- 2 teaspoon whole pepper corns
- 2 teaspoon cumin seeds
- 2 teaspoon black pepper powder
- 4-5 curry chopped leaves)
- 4 tablespoons halved cashew nuts
- 4 tablespoons ghee
- 4 tablespoons oil
- Salt to taste
- In a pan,roast the moong dal for 10 minutes. Donât over roast it.
- Wash rice.
- Mix rice with moong dal.
- Transfer it to pressure cooker.
- Add 8 cups of water and salt.
- Let it cook for 4 whistles.
- In another pan, heat oil and add pepper corns. Fry it for 2 minutes.
- Now add cumin seeds, asafetida, chopped ginger, pepper powder and curry leaves.
- Mix everything well. Let it fry for 2 mints. Remove from heat and keep it aside.
- In another pan heat ghee.
- Add cashewnuts. Fry till they become brown in color. Keep them aside.
- Once moong dal and rice is cooked, add the roasted spices and ghee.
- Finally add cashewnuts.
- Mix everything and add more ghee for that extra taste and serve hot with any chutney of your choice.
Leave a review or comment