Pineapple-Orange TerrinePrep: 30 min Cook: 5 hours Servings: 12by RecipeKing176 recipes>
Pineapple-Orange Terrine is an easy recipe for a great Easter dessert. This will make a beautiful presentation when served and also make YOU look like a professional chef. Features include: Pineapple gelatin, canned crushed pineapple, Mandarin oranges and whipped topping surrounded by lady fingers and refrigerated in a loaf pan. This is also a low calories, low fat, low cholesterol, low sodium, low carbohydrates, heart-healthy, and Weight Watchers (4) PointsPlus recipe.
- 1 (3 oz) pkg. ladyfingers, split, divided
- 1-1/2 cups boiling water
- 1 (8 serving box) "Island Pineapple" flavor gelatin
- 1 (8 oz) can crushed pineapple in juice, undrained
- 1 cup cold water
- 1 (8 oz) tub frozen whipped topping, thawed, divided
- 1 (11 oz) can Mandarin oranges, drained
- Line the bottom and sides of a 9 x 5" loaf pan with plastic wrap. Stand enough ladyfingers, cut sides in, to evenly fit along sides of pan.
- Stir boiling water into gelatin in a large bowl. Stir for at least 2 minutes until completely dissolved. Stir in the pineapple with its juice and the water. Refrigerate about 1-1/4 hours or until slightly thickened (consistency of unbeaten egg whites). Gently stir in 2 cups of the whipped topping and the oranges. Spoon into prepared pan. Arrange remaining ladyfingers, cut sides down, evenly on top of gelatin mixture.
- Refrigerate for 3 hours or until firm. Place serving plate on top of pan. Invert, holding pan and plate together; shake gently to loosen. Carefully remove pan and plastic wrap. Top with remaining whipped topping. Store leftover dessert in refrigerator. To Serve: Cut into slices, as you would for bread.
- Suggestion: Garnish with peeled kiwi slices and star fruit slices just before serving if desired.
Leave a review or comment