Pickled Red Beet EggsPrep: 20 min Cook: 20 min Servings: 6by Jann from PA68 recipes>
This is a very popular picnic food. Very pretty color, and easy to pack and take along.
- 1 can beets
- 1 cup vinegar
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 tsp. salt
- 4 cloves
- 1 stick cinnamon
- 6 hard-cooked eggs, peeled
- Drain and measure juice from beets into a saucepan.
- Add enough water to make 1 cup.
- Add vinegar, sugar, salt and spices, and bring to a boil.
- Pour hot liquid over beets. Let stand overnight.
- Next day, take out beets and add eggs. Refrigerate overnight.
Leave a review or comment