Picante ChickenServings: 4by Wendi Taylor51 recipes>
Pleasantly spicy, tender & delicious.
- 4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 1 10oz can diced tomatoes with green chillis
- 1/2 cup finely chopped cilantro
- 1 medium yellow onion, diced
- 1 tsp chili powder
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
- 1/2 tsp granulated garlic (or garlic powder)
- Rinse chicken breasts and pat dry. Rub with chili powder, pepper, and garlic.
- Lightly brown chicken breasts on both sides in a hot skillet. Use a bit of vegetable or olive oil to prevent sticking.
- Add onions to skillet and continue to saute for a few minutes - turn chicken breasts to prevent burning.
- Add cilantro and tomatoes with green chillis and reduce heat. Simmer for approximately 10 minutes or until chicken is thoroughly cooked.
Leave a review or comment