Penne With Tuna, Tomato And Olive Sauce
- 500 gm penne pasta
- 2 Tbsp. extra virgin extra virgin olive oil
- 2 x onions, minced
- 1 x clove garlic, crushed
- 2 x dry chillies, finely minced
- 1 x 425 gram can tomatoes, minced, juice reserved
- 1/2 c. stones black olives, halved
- 1 x heaped Tbsp. capers
- 1 x 425 gram can tuna in oil, liquid removed
- salt and freshly grnd black pepper
- 2 Tbsp. finely minced Italian parsley
- 1. Cook pasta in plenty of boiling water till al dente. While pasta is cooking, heat oil in pan and saute/fry onion, garlic and chillies till onion is transparent. Add in tomatoes and simmer, gently, for 10 min.
- 2. Add in olives, capers, tuna and seasoning and heat through. Lastly, stir through the parsley. Drain pasta into a large serving bowl and pour over the sauce and toss through.
Leave a review or comment