PEAR spice Espresso Coffee cake torte cakeServings: 8by Foodessa304 recipes>
PEAR spice Espresso Coffee cake torte cake. NO electric beater required. For a dedicated post…refer to: http://www.foodessa.com/2018/04/pear-based-sweet-recipes.html
- . > American / Metric measures <
- . 1/4 cup (60ml) brewed Espresso Coffee
- . 1/2 cup (120ml) grapeseed oil
- . 3 xLarge eggs
- . 1 Tbsp. (15ml) Apple cider vinegar (optional)
- . 1 cup (150g) All-purpose flour
- . 1/2 cup (130g) Oatmeal flour (ground from rolled oats)
- . 1 cup (200g) granulated sugar
- . 1 tsp. (5ml) baking powder
- . 1/2 tsp. (2.5ml) baking soda
- . 1 tsp. (5ml) ground cardamom spice
- . 1 tsp. (5ml) ground cinnamon spice
- . 1 tsp. (5ml) ground ginger
- . 1/4 tsp. (1.25ml) ground nutmeg
- . pinch of sea salt
- . 1/2 cup (75g) raisins (or finely chopped dates)
- . 1/2 cup (90g) semi-sweet (55%) chocolate chips
- . 1/2 cup (80g) walnuts, coarsely chopped
- . 4 med., ripe Pears (Bartlett or Bosc), peeled, cored, cubed
- . Use a shallow, round sized 10 x 2 inch (26 x 5cm) corning ware or similar cake pan. Grease with oil. Pre-heat the oven at 350F/180C/Gas4. Position the oven rack on the 2nd level from the bottom.
- . In a small, volume measuring cup, pour in the coffee, oil, eggs and optional vinegar. Set aside.
- . In a large bowl, hand whisk together the flours, sugars, baking powder, baking soda, spices, and salt.
- . With the aid of a spatula, to the flour mix, add and toss in the following in this particular order so that each ingredient gets properly coated with each toss of the spatula. First, put in the raisins. Continue and repeat the process with the chocolate, walnuts and pears.
- . Last, add the liquid coffee mix. Again, with the spatula, combine the batter by folding and mixing just until there are no traces of flour left. Do not over mix. Pour the thin like batter into the prepared cake pan. Sprinkle some sugar over the surface (optional)
- . BAKE the cake for 48 minutes if using a light colored pan. However, if a darker pan is used, a 43 minute baking time is sufficient.
- . When the cake pan is taken out of the oven, have it rest on a metal rack for at least 1 hour before serving. Note: You can keep the cake out at room temperature for 3 days with no concerns. This cake, sliced largely, will also freeze very well. Just take it out of the freezer and warm the pieces in a very low heat oven temperature. Serve and enjoy.
- . Flavourful wishes from Claudia's kitchen...FOODESSA.com
Leave a review or comment