Peanutty Banana Streusel MuffinsPrep: 20 min Cook: 14 min Servings: 18by Salad Foodie404 recipes>
A nice crunch of peanuts and subtle taste of banana combine in these muffins to make a welcome breakfast or brunch bread. NOTE: To substitute buttermilk for regular milk in these muffins, reduce the baking powder to 1/2 teaspoon and add 1/2 teaspoon baking soda.
- STREUSEL TOPPING:
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 2 tablespoons chopped peanuts
- 3 tablespoons brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 2 cups flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup mashed ripe banana
- 1/4 cup canola oil
- 1/3 cup peanut butter
- 1/4 cup chopped peanuts
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1 egg
- 3/4 cup low fat milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. Grease muffin pans (recipe makes about 16-18 muffins, depending on fill size.)
- STREUSEL: Mix streusel ingredients together and set aside.
- MUFFINS: In large bowl stir together flour, baking powder, cinnamon and salt.
- In separate bowl, whisk together banana, oil, peanut butter, peanuts, sugar and egg until combined; add milk and vanilla.
- Make a well in center of flour mixture and add liquid mixture all at once, stirring just enough to incorporate flour; do not overmix.
- Spoon batter into prepared muffin cups; crumble streusel mixture on top, dividing evenly.
- Bake 14-16 minutes or until lightly browned around edges and toothpick tests clean in center of muffin.
- Remove from pan and serve warm.
Leave a review or comment