Pasta with Shrimp and Swiss ChardPrep: 10 min Cook: 10 min Servings: 4by Vivien32 recipes>
A quick and easy but tasty pasta dish with a glass of white wine and your favorite store-bought olive bread. And then perhaps a simple dessert, such as ice cream with hot fudge sauce. What better way to relax after work.
- For the pasta:
- 1/2 lb fresh shrimp, deveined, and shelled
- 1 14 1/2 oz can fire roasted tomatoes with garlic (drain the sauce)
- about 8 stalks of Swiss chard ( you can use either green or red swiss chard. Photo shows green).
- 2 cloves of garlic peeled and mashed
- 4 tablespoons olive oil
- salt 1 1/2 tsp
- red pepper flakes 1/2 teaspoon
- 1 1/3 cup chicken broth low salt
- 2/3 cup white wine (not cooking wine)
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- 1 1/2 tablespoons toasted pine nuts
- Parmesan cheese shredded for garnish
- 1 package of angel hair pasta cooked al dente in boiling salted water
- Heat olive oil over medium low heat and saute garlic until lightly browned.
- Add tomatoes to the pan and lightly saute for 1-2 minutes.
- Add chicken broth, salt, red pepper, and wine and simmer until reduced by 1/2.
- Add swiss chard and cook for 1-2 minutes.
- Add whipping cream and shrimp. Cook for 2-4 minutes until the shrimp turns pink and sauce thickens.
- Adjust salt and red pepper to taste.
- Plate the cooked al dente angel hair pasta.
- Pour the sauce over the pasta.
- Sprinkle with toasted pine nuts and also with freshly shredded or grated Parmesan cheese on top.
Leave a review or comment