Pasta with Fresh Zucchini copyright 2011 art of living,PrimaMedia,Inc/Maria Liberati
- 2 ounces ricotta
- 2 cups white flour
- 1 ½ cups cold water
- pinch of salt and pepper to taste
- 2 zucchini
- 10 cherry tomatoes
- 3 tablespoons of extra virgin olive oil
- 4 tablespoons plain tomato sauce
- Place flour on wooden board and shape into a well. Place water and salt in center of wekk. Blend by hand and work the dough till smooth and well blended. Let rest for 2 hours covered with a clean towel.
- Divide pasta ball into 4 portions. Roll out each portion on well floured board. Cut into noodles that are Â½ inch thick with the help of a pasta machine or by hand.
- Cut each noodle into smaller strips. Sprinkle with flour, let sit.
- Place olive oil in saute pan with the zucchini that has been cut into quarters. Cook over high heat for 2 minutes. Place in tomatoes that have been cut in quarters with the plain tomato sauce. Let simmer together for 5 minutes. Add in salt as desired. Turn off heat.
- Boil water ion pasta pot. Place in fresh pasta, cook for 2 -4 minutes (taste after 3 minutes do not overcook). Drain. Place in saute pan with zucchini, toss, serve with grated dried ricotta
Leave a review or comment