Pasta e Fagioli Facile - Easy Pasta and Beans
Just as the name implies! A delicious, healthy and hearty dish that can be enjoyed hot or cold.
- 3 tbsp. olive oil
- 1 carrot, peeled and diced
- 1 celery stalk, diced
- 1 small onion, diced
- Dash of kosher salt and a pinch of pepper
- 2-3 garlic cloves, finely diced
- 1 28-oz. can crushed tomatoes
- 2 tbsp. tomato paste
- 1 tsp. oregano
- 3 16-oz. cans beans, drained and rinsed (whatever kind you like)
- 3 cups water
- 1 cup ditalini pasta, cooked and drained
- 1/2 cup Parmesan cheese
- Begin preparation of pasta as directed on package.
- While pasta is cooking, add olive oil to a large pot and saute carrot, celery and onion on medium-high heat. Add salt and pepper and cook til veggies are tender, about 5 minutes. Add garlic and saute for another 2 minutes.
- Check on your pasta!
- Add crushed tomatoes, tomato paste, water, oregano and beans; simmer for about 10 minutes.
- The ditalini will most likely finish cooking around the same time the sauce is finished simmering. Drain the cooked pasta and add it to the sauce and beans.
- Add parmesan cheese and stir. Let stand for about 5 minutes.
Leave a review or comment