Parmesan-Thyme Garlic KnotsPrep: 2 hours Cook: 25 min Servings: 15by Celeste Jenkins4 recipes>
These garlic knots are to die for. They are slightly crunchy on the outside, soft on the inside and packed with amazing flavor.
- 1/2 c warm water
- 1 1/4 tsp active yeast
- 2 tbsp oil
- 1 1/2 c bread flour
- 1 tsp sugar
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp garlic powder
- 1/4 tsp dried thyme
- 1/4 c butter, melted
- 1 tsp garlic salt
- 1/4 tsp thyme
- 1 tbsp grated Parmesan cheese
- In a large bowl, combine the warm water and yeast. Stir in the oil. In a separate bowl, sift together the flour, sugar, salt, garlic powder and thyme. Combine the flour mixture with the yeast mixture. Knead dough until smooth, about 5 minutes.
- Allow the dough to rise covered in a greased bowl in a dark, warm place until doubled, about an hour and a half.
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Punch down the dough and roll into a rectangle, approximately 18 x 12 inches.
- Using a pizza cutter, cut 3/4-inch slices. Tie each slice into a knot and tie the ends into a second knot. For easier knotting, you can place the dough in the freezer for several minutes to stiffen it up some. (To bake later, you can freeze them in a single layer and bake them at 400 degrees for 20 to 25 minutes, or until golden brown.)
- Bake on a parchment paper lined baking sheet for 10 to 15 minutes, or until golden brown.
- Meanwhile, combine the topping ingredients in a bowl. Brush the topping over the garlic knots.
- Serve with marinara sauce.
Leave a review or comment