I love crackers especially with parmesan...therefore, I'll have to certainly have a try at making your cracker recipe. Sounds simple and wonderful ;o)
Thanks for sharing and flavourful wishes,
Parmesan CrackersPrep: 35 min Cook: 22 min Servings: 4by Michele Grason16 recipes>
These are so easy to make and you can store the uncooked rolls in the freezer and bake them when surprise guests arrive. These crackers are perfect with wine!
- 1/4 pound unsalted butter, at room temperature (1 stick)
- 4 ounces freshly grated Parmesan cheese (about 1 cup)
- 1 teaspoon minced fresh thyme leaves
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- Cream the butter for one minute.
- Add the Parmesan, thyme, salt and pepper.
- Slowly add the flour and combine until the mixture is in large crumbles, about one minute (an electric mixer works best).
- Dump the dough onto a floured board, press into a couple of balls, and roll each ball into a 3-inch log.
- Wrap in plastic and refrigerate for at least 30 minutes or for up to 4 days. You can also freeze the rolls for a couple of months.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Cut the log into 3/8-inch rounds with a small, sharp knife and place them on a sheet pan lined with parchment paper.
- Bake for 22 minutes, until lightly browned.
Leave a review or comment