Pad Thai ChickenPrep: 10 min Cook: 15 min Servings: 4by Michael Swiney20 recipes>
I can't think of anything clever or cute to say about this here, but that's ok. Try it and thank me later....
- 1 1/2 lbs of boneless chicken breast
- 2 tbs of vegtable oil
- 1 tbs of minced garlic
- 1 tbs of minced ginger
- 1 bunch of scallions (or enough for about 3/4 chopped
- 1 can of Water Chestnuts
- 1 can of bean sprouts
- 1 tbs soy sauce
- 1 tbs of sherry cooking wine
- 1 tsp of sugar
- Rice Noodles
- Spicy Peanut Sauce (recipe follows);
- 2 tbs of creamy peanut butter
- 2 tbs vegetable oil
- 2 tbs soy sauce
- 2 tbs sugar
- 2 tbs rice wine vinegar
- 1/2 tsp sesame oil
- 1/8 cayenne pepper (optional. dont like heat? leave it out, LOVE heat, add more)
- Mix all that crap together and stir it up....real good.
- Heat the oil in a skillet over high heat
- add the garlic and ginger to the oil
- cut the chicken into short strips, about 1/2 inch wide and add them to the skillet. Stir frequently.
- When the chicken is no loner pink, add the scallions, water chestnuts, bean sprouts, soy sauce, cooking sherry, peanut sauce and sugar and stir well.
- serve over rice noodles. Rice works well here too
Leave a review or comment