PA Dutch Hog MawPrep: 45 min Cook: 120 min Servings: 6by Jann from PA69 recipes>
This is the best tasting dish ever! It smells great while cooking! If you can find a place to get a cleaned pig stomach from a butcher, you are so lucky. I have never cleaned one myself (you have to remove an inner and an outer layer, and leave a pink stomach without any extra holes in it). It is similar to sausage casings, but in an oblong shape. You can sew the ends shut with poultry twine, or pins. In Germany, it is called "Saumagen" and served on a bed of sauerkraut. My husband was thrilled to discover this! I still prefer it "just so" (as is)...
- 1 cleaned pig stomach
- 2 pounds loose pork sausage
- 6 potatoes, diced
- Wash the stomach in cold water.
- Mix together sausage and potatoes with your hands.
- Put the sausage and potatoes into the stomach.
- Tie the ends shut.
- Put in a roasting pan on a rack.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 2 or 3 hours.
- Cut and serve slices!
Leave a review or comment