Oven Roasted VegetablesPrep: 20 min Cook: 1 hours Servings: 6by Salad Foodie406 recipes>
I enjoy roasted vegetables and have tried several ways of preparing them, but this is the version I keep coming back to. Love the garlic and the way the veggies begin to caramelize.
- 3 medium potatoes (about 1 pound), peeled and cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1 medium turnip, peeled. quartered and sliced 1/2 inch thick
- 1 cup tiny whole carrots or 2 medium carrots, halved lengthwise and cut into 2-inch pieces
- 1 medium onion, peeled and cut into wedges
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1 tablespoon snipped fresh basil (or 1 teaspoon dried basil or oregano leaf, crumbled slightly)
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon coarsely ground pepper
- 1 medium red and/or green bell pepper, cut into 2-inch squares
- Heat oven to 325 degrees F.
- In a greased 13" x 9" baking pan combine potatoes, turnip, carrots and onion.
- Combine oil, basil, lemon juice, garlic, salt and pepper. Drizzle over vegetables and toss to coat.
- Cover with foil and bake 40-45 minutes stirring once halfway through that time.
- Increase oven temperature to 450 degrees F. Uncover vegetables and add bell peppers to pan, tossing to coat. Bake uncovered 15-20 minutes or until vegetables are tender and brown on edges, stirring occasionally.
Leave a review or comment