Orange Portabella and Spinach Rice BowlPrep: 5 min Cook: 20 min Servings: 1by Sean Kervin4 recipes>
While living in Japan, I fell in love with the simplicity of the Japanese Rice Bowl. Nothing too complex - it is simply a bowl of Jasmine rice with beef or chicken, some sauce, and if you're lucky, you sometimes get sea weed or a fried egg on top. I have since bastardized the concept - but the foundation of some rice, in a bowl, with stuff on top is still the underlying theme. Here is one of many of Sean's Mystery Rice Bowls. Although stir-fried oranges and Portabella mushrooms may not at first sound like a natural match - it works, and it's good!
- 1 Clementine or Orange, peeled and cut in 8ths
- 6 Grape Tomatoes, cut in half
- 1/2 Portabella mushroom - sliced thin
- 1 cup whole leaf spinach (fresh or frozen is OK)
- 1/3 cup mango (fresh or frozen is OK)
- 1 egg - fried
- 1 cup Jasmine rice (cooked)
- 1/4 of a Red Bell Pepper (chunked)
- 1 Tbs Olive oil
- sea salt (a pinch or two)
- soy sauce (for the rice)
- Begin cooking the Jasmine Rice in a rice cooker.
- Heat the oil and sea salt in a medium frying pan.
- Add all the fruits and vegetables - sautÃ© on high heat for just a few minutes - fruits and vegetables should be tender but firm.
- Meanwhile, fry an egg in another pan.
- Put the rice in a bowl, add some soy sauce, pile the stir fried fruits and vegetables on top
- Garnish with the fried egg. (Trust me... it's good)
Leave a review or comment