One Dish Rosemary Chicken with New Potatoes, Mushrooms and Green BeansPrep: 50 min Cook: 42 min Servings: 4by Adam Janowski21 recipes>
This is a simple, but beautiful, chicken dish that you can serve directly from the frying pan in which it was prepared or arrange it on a large platter for serving at the table. You'll get raves on this one and no one will know how easy it was to put together!
- 4 chicken thighs, bone in
- 1/3 cup flour
- 1 teaspoon Lawry’s Seasoning Salt
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 large onion, coarsely chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 8 medium Baby Bella mushrooms, coarsely sliced
- 6 small red new potatoes, cut into quarter inch slices
- 3 cups fresh green beans, sliced
- 1 1/2 cups lower sodium chicken broth
- 2 tablespoons capers
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped fresh rosemary leaves + 1 sprig of rosemary for garnish
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Rinse, drain, and pat dry chicken thighs.
- Combine flour, seasoning salt, paprika and black pepper in plastic bag. Add chicken and shake until chicken pieces are dusted with flour.
- In large frying pan, heat olive oil on medium high heat. Add chicken thighs. Brown on each side for about 4 minutes per side or until a golden crust forms. Reduce heat, cover chicken and allow to cook for about 10 minutes longer, turning once or twice so that the chicken cooks evenly. Remove chicken from frying pan and set aside.
- Pour off all but 1 tablespoon oil from frying pan.
- Add onion and garlic and fry on medium heat for about 5 minutes. Add potatoes and mushrooms and continue to fry for about 5 minutes. Add green beans and fry for 5 minutes.
- Add chicken broth, capers and fresh rosemary to frying pan and stir gently. Add salt and pepper if needed.
- Return chicken pieces to frying pan, cover, and cook until potatoes and green beans are tender and chicken is cooked through, about 15 minutes. Serve directly onto dinner plates or arrange on a large platter with a spring of fresh rosemary on top for serving at the table.
Leave a review or comment