"Old Fashioned" Egg Custard Pie
- 1 x 9 inch unbaked pie shell*
- 1 c. granulated sugar
- 2 Tbsp. flour
- 1 tsp grnd nutmeg
- 1/4 tsp table salt
- 3 x Large eggs, beaten well
- 1 1/2 c. sweet lowfat milk, scalded (do not boil)
- 2 Tbsp. melted Butter**
- Need: 1 nine inch pie dishPreheat oven to 400 degrees .
- Place the pie shell into the pie dish according to the package* directions.
- In a mixing bowl, combine sugar, flour, nutmeg and salt. In another bowl beat Large eggs well. Heat the lowfat milk to scalding point (just under, but not to boiling point). Butter may be added to it and melted when lowfat milk is heated. Add in the beaten Large eggs to the dry ingredients. Mix well. Add in the lowfat milk and butter. Pour all the mix into the pie shell.
- Place the pan in a larger pan with about 3/4 inches water in the larger pan.
- Bake at 400 degrees . for 10 min.
- Reduce the heat to 325 degrees . for about 30 min longer or possibly till hard.
- "Enjoy while hot if possible and share." Ma Hannah
Leave a review or comment