Old Fashioned Chocolate MaltPrep: 2 min Servings: 1by Micheline120 recipes>
This recipe is adapted from the Original Old Fashioned Malted Chocolate invented by "Pop" Coulson available at Walgreens, Hudson Bay Co., Woolworth stores in the '50s. Share it with a friend and two straws.
- 1 1/2 oz chocolate syrup
- 3 scoops vanilla ice cream
- 5 1/2 oz cold milk
- 1 heaping tbsp malted milk powder (malted, not chocolate powder)
- whipped cream, for topping (optional)
- Place all ingredients in blender (except whipped cream) and blend until smooth (do not over mix).
- Pour into a chilled tall glass and top with whipped cream.
- Serve with one or two straws for sharing with a friend.
- Note: In my area, malted milk powder is available in health food stores.
Leave a review or comment