Nut RoastPrep: 20 min Cook: 40 min Servings: 1by Jennifer Jevons24 recipes>
For the past four years, we have been eating Tofurky for Thanksgiving dinner. This year, we are trying something different - a nut roast. I
- 1 onion
- 4 cloves of garlic
- 2 cups of mixed nuts (peanuts, walnuts, almonds, etc.)
- 1 package of vegetable stock
- 2-3 slices of bread (wheat preferrably)
- 1 pint of heavy cream
- 2 tablespoons of sugar
- Salt/Pepper - for taste
- Preheat oven to 550 degrees.
- Chop the onion and garlic and saute in a large pan or pot. Wait till the onion and garlic are golden brown and then mix in nuts. Fill the large pot or pan to the top with water - just above the mixture. Boil on high with a tablespoon of salt - around 10-15 minues - until nuts are soft. Keep putting water in as it evaporates.
- Add the one package of vegetable stock to the mixture - for taste. Take mixture and add to food processor or large blender with bread and cream - gradually add to smooth consistency. Season with salt and pepper and 2 tablespoons of sugar - blend till smooth.
- Place in oven. Cook for around 40 minutes or until brown on top. Check with a toothpick or knife to make sure inside is cooked.
- Let cool and serve with gravy, roasted vegetables and potatoes.
- Easy Gravy Recipe:
- Saute shallots, garlic, sherry and brown rice miso.
Leave a review or comment