No-Bake Mango PiePrep: 30 min Cook: 3 hours Servings: 8by RecipeKing176 recipes>
No-Bake Mango Pie is an easy recipe for a takeoff on the popular Cuban Mojito drink. It combines the flavors of lime and rum, using fresh squeezed lime juice and rum extract. A delicious, creamy pie with vibrant flavor. A possible Cinco De Mayo dessert option. It is also a healthy, low calories, low fat, low cholesterol, low sodium, low carbohydrates, heart-healthy and Weight Watchers (6) PointsPlus recipe.
- 1 (0.25 oz) envelope unflavored gelatin
- 1/2 cup skim milk
- 1 (8 oz) bar reduced fat cream cheese, softened
- 3/4 cup granulated no-calorie sweetener
- 1 cup light sour cream
- 2 tbsp freshly squeezed lime juice
- 2 tsp grated lime peel
- 1/2 tsp rum extract
- 2 ripe mangoes, peeled and cut into 1/4" cubes
- 1 (6 oz) reduced-fat graham cracker pie crust
- 1 fresh Mint sprig, (optional)
- 1 ripe mango, sliced (optional)
- Sprinkle gelatin over milk in a small saucepan; let stand 1 minute. Cook over low heat, stirring until gelatin dissolves (about 2 minutes). Set aside.
- Beat cream cheese and sweetener together at medium speed with an electric mixer until smooth. Gradually add sour cream, lime juice, lime peel and rum extract, beating until smooth. Gradually add gelatin mixture, beating until blended. Chill 30 minutes or until mixture begins to thicken, stirring frequently.
- Stir mango into gelatin mixture; spoon into pie crust. Chill 2 hours or until set. Garnish with mint sprigs and mango slices if desired.
Leave a review or comment