Never Fail Basic Sponge Cake (1 egg recipe)Prep: 10 min Cook: 25 min Servings: 4by Amrita6 recipes>
This is the best spong cake i ever baked,and it is a cake with just one egg.No butter goes in too.Sounds good? It turns out perfect and moist everytime and is a must try for sponge cake lovers..For a new baker this basic sponge is a good way to start. You will not go wrong it is completely a no fail recipe,i promise you.Try it today !
- Dry Mix
- 1 cup all purpose flour
- 1tsp cornflour
- a pinch salt
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- Wet Mix
- 1 egg - yolk and white separated
- 1/3 cup oil
- 1/2 cup sugar,more if you like it sweet(i think it is perfect with 1/2 cup)
- vanilla 1 tsp
- 1/3 cup milk
- Follow the steps below
- > Swift the dry mix once,then beat the yolk,vanilla,sugar and oil till creamy...
- >Now beat the egg white till fluffy and cute - keep it away for now
- >Start to mix in the dry mix little at a time and fold,do not over mix..
- >Now the best part,slowly fold in the beaten egg white.Be very gentle keep it airy.
- once everything is mixed,pour into the cake tin and bake at 180 for 25 min..
- Do not open the oven until 25 min has passed...
- t.i.p - bake as soon as you finish mixing,never let the cake batter stand
Leave a review or comment