Netta Belle's Choice Lemon Bar-B-Que Chicken BreastsPrep: 60 min Cook: 7 min Servings: 3by Julia Ann Souders62 recipes>
Chicken breasts are marinated in lemon juice, lemon zest and herbs. A tantalizing barbecue chicken without the heavy sweet sauce. My attempt to slim down a chicken entree. 2007-2014 Netta Belle's Choice cookbookinabox "Reg.U.S. Pat. & Trdmk. Off." Reg. "Trade-marks Canadian Intellectual Property Office." nettabelleschoice.com and cookbookinabox.com. All Rights Reserved.
- 2 skinless and boneless chicken breasts
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 2 teaspoons of lemon zest (grated lemon rind)
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1 teaspoon dried whole rosemary Fresh parsley or rosemary sprigs to garnish.
- Cut the chicken breasts into 3-4 strips.
- Place in a shallow glass bowl.
- Make the marinade, also referred to as the barbecue sauce.
- Mix the oil, lemon zest, lemon juice and spices in a small glass mixing bowl.
- Whisk to thoroughly blend.
- Pour the marinade over the chicken strips.
- Cover bowl and marinate in refrigerator at least 1 to 4 hours.
- Preheat the oven broiler or grill.
- Place chicken strips on broiler pan which has been cover with aluminum foil if using in the oven broiler.
- Broil or grill for 6-8 minutes, until the juices run clear or 170 F.
Leave a review or comment