My Soup for Losing WeightPrep: 30 min Cook: 30 min Servings: 3by Marelie38 recipes>
I hope I am right when I consider this as my soup for losing weight. Well, its all in the mind and hopefully it works. This is a superb soup anyway, the crab,pork shrimp ball is great and the broth is so comforting. The dumplings are just an attraction to your palate, they are nice to chew and it gives sweetness to the broth. You can omit them if you like.. just add a cup of veggies in lieu of them, preferably a combination of julienne cut carrot and bamboo shoots.
- 100 grams ground pork
- 1/4 cup chopped shrimp
- 1/4 cup crab meat
- 2 tsp of light soy sauce
- 1.2 tsp ground pepper
- 1 tsp rice wine
- 1/2 tsp sugar
- 1 tbsp cornstarch
- 1/2 tsp sesame oil
- 1 pack of vegetable dumpling
- 1 pack of fish dumpling
- 1 liter of chicken broth
- 1 tsp grated garlic
- 1 tbsp sunflower oil
- 1 beaten egg
- 2 tbsp cornstarch plus 2 tbsp water
- In a bowl put ground pork, chopped shrimp and crab meat.
- Add the ff: soy sauce,pepper.rice wine,sugar,cornstarch and sesame oil.
- Mix them well and marinate for 15 to 20 minutes.Set aside in the fridge.
- Then form the mixture into balls, use 1/2 tbsp as measurement for every ball.
- In a sauce pan, heat oil and add grated garlic.
- Once the aroma comes out, add chicken broth.
- Let it boil and turn the heat to simmering mode.
- Add the crab,shrimp and pork balls, one by one.
- Simmer for 15 to 20 minutes.
- Then add vegetable dumplings and fish dumplings.
- Simmer for another 10 minutes.
- Add cornstarch and water mixture. Stir to combine.
- Lastly, add beaten egg, stir to combine.Turn off the heat.
- Serve immediately.
Leave a review or comment