My Favourite Pasta SaladPrep: 10 min Servings: 6by Micheline119 recipes>
This is my favourite gourmet summertime pasta salad because I can substitute a lot of ingredients in this recipe and it is colourful, fancy, flavourful and very healthy.
- ½ to 1 lb package pasta (OR fusilli, macaroni, orzo, bows, spaghetti or any pasta of your choice) cooked al dente
- 1 small fennel, thinly sliced (keep greenery for decoration, finely chopped)
- 1 head of radicchio, sliced
- Handful of pitted, sliced green olives (OR black olives, sweet pickles, dill pickles)
- 1 can white beans, drained and rinsed (or chickpeas, black beans
- ½ red onion, sliced
- 1/3 cup white wine vinegar (OR white balsamic vinegar)
- ½ cup extra virgin olive oil (OR grapeseed oil, canola oil or any healthy oil of your choice)
- Salt and pepper to taste (AND fresh herbs of your choice: basil, parsley, mint, rosemary)
- 2 – 6 ozs cans tuna packed in oil, drained (OR crab, ham, shrimps, pepperoni, chicken, salmon) COOKED AND DICED
- 2 handfuls arugula (mezclun)
- OTHER SUGGESTIONS MAY INCLUDE: broccoli, cauliflower, zucchini, sun-dried tomatoes, cherry tomatoes, red peppers, artichokes, hearts of palm, croutons, feta, hard cheese, carrots, hard boiled eggs, red cabbage, cucumber, spinach (whole, diced, julienned, sliced or florets).
- Cook the pasta according to package directions until it is cooked al dente. Rinse under very cold water, drain and reserve.
- Mix all other ingredients in a large bowl. Toss gently. Add white wine vinegar and olive oil or other choices. Season with salt and pepper and/or fresh herbs of your choice. Toss in the tuna or other fish or meat choice and arugula. Toss lightly. Refrigerate for 15 to 30 minutes before serving.
Leave a review or comment