My Favorite Main Course Soup These Days, Hot and Sour Chicken SoupPrep: 15 min Cook: 15 min Servings: 4by Skinny Kitchen with Nancy Fox299 recipes>
Now is the perfect time to satisfy your soul with a piping hot bowl of chicken broth based soup. This delightful Asian style soup is a “must try.” It has the most amazing, rich tasting broth, that’s really addictive. My family loved it so much I actually made it a few times in the same week! You might even want to double the recipe and freeze some. With the addition of chicken and noodles it becomes a satisfying main course. The skinny on one bowl of soup is 221 calories, 3 grams of fat and 5 Weight Watchers POINTS PLUS. Gather all the ingredients and prep everything first, then this soup will come together very quickly.
- 3 ounces Japanese Soba noodles or whole wheat spaghetti cooked
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 3 cups (6 oz) fresh shiitake mushrooms, stems removed and caps thinly sliced
- 3 cloves (about 1 tablespoon) fresh garlic, chopped
- 1 tablespoon ginger (from a jar), see shopping tip
- 3 (14-ounce) cans Swanson’s reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 3 tablespoons seasoned rice vinegar
- 2 tablespoons reduced-sodium soy sauce
- ¼ teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 2 cups cabbage, shredded
- 1½ cups cooked chicken, diced
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- ¼ cup green onions, sliced for garnish
- 1. Prepare the Soba noodles or spaghetti according to package directions. Drain and set aside.
- 2. In the meantime, in a large nonstick pot or pan, heat the olive oil. Add the mushrooms, garlic, ginger and cook over medium heat for 4 minutes. Stir often. Mix in broth, vinegar, soy sauce and red pepper flakes. Bring to a boil. Stir in cabbage and chicken. Return to a boil; reduce heat and simmer, uncovered, for 5 minutes.
- 3. Stir in cooked Soba noodles, lemon juice and remove from heat.
- 4. Ladle into each bowl and garnish each serving with 1 tablespoon sliced green onions.
Leave a review or comment