My best yet, Buttermilk Biscuits!Prep: 15 min Cook: 18 min Servings: 6by Candice Goodyear54 recipes>
As always I find a recipe and either dont like the ingredients or the amounts of the ingredients so I take a few and make my own and I am Truly Amazed because these are the best biscuits I have ever made.
- 2 cups flour (plus a tad more for rolling the dough)
- 2 tbsp baking powder
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/3 cup lard
- 2/3 cup buttermilk (might need a smidgen more I did)
- 2 eggs
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees Fahrenheit.
- In a medium to large bowl mix all dry ingredients
- Flour, baking powder, salt stir with a whisk to combine well.
- Add lard , with a fork press lard into dough (can also use a pastry cutter) I use a sturdy fork.
- Then with that well combined, add egg combine that into mix.
- Lastly add buttermilk combine that into mix.
- On a flat , clean surface sprinkle a tad bit of flour then place the dough onto floured surface. Flatten out with your hands or rolling pin to about 1/2 to 3/4 of an inch not any more than that. Place on cookie sheet about 1/4 of an inch apart. Makes 12 biscuits. Bake for 12-18 minutes or until tops and bottoms are a light golden brown.
Leave a review or comment