Mushroom StoupServings: 5by Desert Panz34 recipes>
So, with the bit of cold spell here in the southwest, relatively speaking, I wanted to make a soup that we have not had for a long time. Decided on mushroom soup. My challenge is making sure the weekly menu is gluten free for my Babe. This dish is gluten free and vegan. I made the dinner in "Bubba", my electric pressure cooker. Using a slow cooker on low for 6-8 hours would work too. If you cook on the stove then brown the mushrooms first, about eight minutes and prepare the remainder of the recipe as you would a vegetable soup. We wanted the soup more like a stoup so I added a cup of organic quinoa before setting the cooking time on Bubba. The quinoa was perfectly cooked and stoupped the soup. For more of a soup consistency, use a half cup or less of quinoa. Mangia.
- 16 oz baby portobello mushrooms
- 1 cup of quinoa
- two stalks of celery
- two carrots
- 1 onion
- 32 oz of gluten free and vegan vegetable broth
- three cloves of garlic
- two handfuls of frozen chopped spinach
- 1 tsp thyme powder
- fresh ginger - about two inches long and a quarter inch wide
- salt and pepper to taste
- Mushrooms - clean and cut into equal proportion slices and set aside.
- Ginger - remove the skin, mince and set aside.
- Quinoa - measure out one cup, set aside.
- Garlic - peel off the skins and set aside.
- Onion - peel skin, rough chop and set aside.
- Carrots -peel then chop into equal size slices and set aside.
- Celery - wash, trim, cut into equal size slices, and set aside.
- Spinach - measure out two handfuls of the frozen chopped spinach, place in a bowl and set aside.
- Bubba has a browning function so I browned the mushrooms in the pressure cooker for five minutes.
- Then, add the celery, carrots, onion, ginger, and saute for a couple of minutes.
- Next, pour in the vegetable broth. Stir.
- Add the chopped spinach and thyme. Stir a bit.
- Press the garlic cloves and stir to incorporate.
- I then set Bubba for three minutes on high pressure and released the pressure manually.
- Dish out into soup bowls. Taste, add salt and pepper to your preferences.
- Note, cook time equals 3 minutes of cooking plus about 10 or so to bring pressure up in cooker. I've never timed the pressure up phase.
Leave a review or comment