- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- 1/2 lb. fresh mushrooms, sliced
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1 small green pepper, sliced
- 1 (10.25 oz.) can cream of mushroom soup
- 1 (8 oz.) mayonnaise
- 6 slices of bread, pieces
- 1 1/2 cups cheddar cheese, grated
- 2 eggs
- 1 soup can of milk
- Saute mushrooms, onion & pepper. Add soup and mayonnaise. Remove from stove.
- Mix together eggs and milk.
- Place ingredients into a 2 qt. casserole dish.
- Layer 1/2 bread, 1/2 mushroom mixture & 1/2 cheese. Repeat, pour egg mixture on top of casserole.
- Refrigerate for 1 hour.
- Place remaining 1/2 cup cheese on top of casserole.
- Bake uncovered for 1 hour at 325 degrees.
Leave a review or comment