Mouthwatering Chocolate Cake in no TimePrep: 15 min Cook: 40 min Servings: 4by Nathan Willow31 recipes>
There's something to be said for simplicity. In this age of technological breakthroughs, it's kind of refreshing to sit here and share a cake recipe that's been in my family for decades. My grandmother used to make this chocolate cake recipe—it's certainly a classic. This is a plain chocolate cake recipe, so feel free to dress it up if you like; but if you're looking for a solid foundation you can't get much better than this. Do not be alarmed when you see vinegar on the ingredient list—that is not a typo—it is an age old secret to making the very best chocolate cakes.
- 2 cups of granulated sugar
- 3 cups of all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp of salt
- 1/3 cup of cocoa powder
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp liquid vanilla
- 2 tbsp of vinegar
- 3/4 cup of vegetable oil
- 2 cups of cold water
- 1. First, preheat your oven to 350Â°F.
- 2. Mix all of the dry ingredients together (sugar, flour, salt, cocoa powder and baking powder).
- 3. Mix the wet ingredients together in a separate bowl (vanilla, vinegar, vegetable oil and cold water).
- 4. Combine the contents of each bowl into one bowl.
- 5. Mix everything together and ensure that it is evenly blended.
- 6. Pour this mixture into a baking pan.
- 7. Bake in the preheated oven for 40 minutes.
- If you ever get together with friends to watch old movies, try making this old-time recipe next time. It's sure to add to the atmosphere, and who doesn't love cake?
Leave a review or comment