Moussak’aaPrep: 25 min Cook: 10 min Servings: 10by CHEF ASHRAF ABD ALEEM ELKHARBOTLY321 recipes>
- Eggplant [cubed and fried golden brown] 2 kg
- Chick peas [boiled] 500 grams
- Onions, red [Peeled and Julienne] 400 grams
- Garlic, minced 50 grams
- Corn oil 100 grams
- Tomato, whole [blended to liquid] 1 kg
- Maggi cubes 4 pcs
- White pepper 30 grams
- Black pepper 20 grams
- Olive oil 100 ml
- 1. Fry onion #3 in corn oil until golden brown. Add garlic, continue to sautÃ©e then add tomato puree and bring to boil.
- 2. Add #7 maggi cubes and chick peas #2 and cook a full 15 minutes. Add fried eggplants and spices #1, 8 and 9. Cook another 10 minutes on simmer.
- 3. Let the whole mixture sit off the fire for at least 10 minutes until the cooked oil comes up to the top. Skim off all the oil and throw it out. Replace the cooked oil with the raw olive oil and fold it into the mix. Adjust seasoning and cool before serving.
Leave a review or comment