Moroccan ChickenPrep: 5 min Cook: 15 min Servings: 1by Baking Barrister13 recipes>
Quick & easy flavorful chicken dish with zucchini, tomatoes & eggplant.
- 3 oz chicken breast
- 1/4 cup eggplant, cubed
- 1/4 cup zucchini, cubed
- 1 small tomato, cubed
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/4 cup chicken stock
- 1/2 cup Israeli couscous, cooked
- lemon & cilantro for garnish
- 1 1/2 tsp. sweet paprika
- 1/2 tsp. turmeric
- 1/2 tsp. coriander
- 1/4 tsp. cumin
- 1/2 tsp. cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp. powdered ginger
- 1/4 tsp. kosher salt
- 1/4 tsp. ground pepper
- Mix together everything from the paprika to the pepper to create your very own spice blend.
- Cut your chicken up into chunks and place in small bowl. Sprinkle about half of the spice mix over your chicken and coat the chicken thoroughly. Set aside.
- Heat a sautee pan with a tablespoon of the chicken stock. Place your garlic in the stock and mix around. Let cook for 3-4 minutes until garlic release aroma and starts to brown.
- Add in eggplant, zucchini, tomato and the rest of the chicken stock. Then stir in the rest of the spice mix. Cover and let simmer for about 8 minutes until the eggplant and zucchini are soft.
- You should have a gravy in your pan by this point as well as mostly cooked vegetables. Check for salt. Then, place your chicken in the pan and nestle it in. Cover and let cook 5-6 minutes or until cooked through.
- When chicken is almost done, throw couscous into pan to quickly reheat (or serve couscous separately). Sprinkle with fresh cilantro and serve with lime.
- This dish is easily multiplied. For more pics & other recipes, see the link to my blog below.
Leave a review or comment