Monica's Marvelous MeatloafPrep: 30 min Cook: 1 hours Servings: 20by Ron Levi26 recipes>
This is most amazing meatloaf recipe anywhere. Monica created this to sneak tons of vegetables onto our kids plates without them knowing. She's even used mushrooms, which they dislike most, and they were never the wiser and always love it! It's always moist, flavorful, and has no bread in it; so it is low-carb and diabetic friendly as well. This makes a huge amount of meatloaf which freezes very well for future meals. Feel free to play around with the portions and swap the vegetable to customize it to your families taste!
- 5 lbs lean ground beef
- 3 zucchini(med), shredded
- 6 oz spinach, chopped
- 1 onion(lrg), diced
- 1 can diced tomato(28oz), drained
- 2 eggs(lrg)
- 3 oz french fried onions, crushed
- 4 tbsp dried parsley
- 1.5 cups shredded cheese blend(Mexican)
- 2 tbsp Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tbsp chopped garlic
- 1 packet onion soup mix
- 1 tbsp olive oil(to saute)
- 1/2 cup sugar free BBQ sauce
- salt & pepper to taste
- In a large pan, saute chopped onion until sweated. Add zucchini to pan and continue to saute until softened. Add garlic and spinach to pan and cook until spinach is wilted. Vegetables will release some water. Continue to cook vegetables until there is no water left in pan. Remove from heat and let cool.
- In a very large bowl add ground beef, drained tomatoes, cheese, egg, and cooled vegetable mixture, 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce, onion soup mix, dried parsley, and french fried onion, reserve some onion for garnishing top. Mix all ingredients very well using your hands. Form into a large ring on pan with high sides. This helps to cook the meatloaf more evenly. Cook at 350 degrees for 1.5 hours or until internal temperature reaches 160 degrees. Use a turkey baster to drain off any extra fat or juices. When done, top with a mixture of the BBQ sauce and remaining Worcestershire. Sprinkle with french fried onions and return to oven for 5-10 minutes as needed.
Leave a review or comment