Molten Lava CakesPrep: 15 min Cook: 15 min Servings: 6by Erin S952 recipes>
Ooey, Gooey, Melty, Chocolately, Goodness!
- 8 (1 ounce) squares semi-sweet chocolate
- 10 Tbls butter
- 1/2 cup flour
- 1 1/2 cups powdered sugar
- 3 eggs
- 3 egg yolks
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- Melt the chocolate and butter together. You can use a double broiler, or the microwave. Just get it nice and smooth. Add the flour and sugar. It will be very thick.
- Stir in the eggs, yolks, and vanilla until smooth. Divide the batter among the custard cups.
- This makes enough for 6 (6 ounce) cakes. Grease them well!! I also coasted them with sugar, because I have heard that works well for helping it rise and not stick.
- Bake in a 425 degree oven for exactly 14 minutes. Longer it will not be gooey in the center. The edges should be firm. Run a knife around the edges to loosen and invert onto dessert plates. Sprinkle on some powdered sugar, top with whip cream and enjoy!
- Tip - I think if you let it sit in the cup for just a couple minutes before inverting it, you will have better luck. I think I jumped the gun on turning it onto the plate. This batter freezes well. Make what you need, freeze the leftovers for later.
Leave a review or comment