MINT-BUTTERMILK SUPER COOLER FOR SUMMERPrep: 10 min Cook: 10 min Servings: 4by Renu Guru167 recipes>
This is one of the most popular Indian cooler drinks to slake your thirst.All over India this drink is consumed to keep dehydration at bay and to feel fresh,energized and more agile during the very hot summer months.In India we have many variations to this recipe...but here I have one of the best recipes that will not only quench your thirst but will leave you feeling most amazingly refreshed and rejuvenated.It is also good to boost your immunity.I got this recipe from an online regional/local newspaper.I tried it and I can tell you it is very good.
- Mint leaves,washed and cleaned thoroughly-1 cup
- Plain yogurt-1/4 liter
- Coriander leaves,washed and cleaned thoroughly- 1/2 cup
- Curry leaves,washed and cleaned thoroughly-1/8 cup
- Black pepper powder-1/2 tsp
- Salt to taste
- Put the washed and cleaned coriander ,mint and curry leaves into a blender.
- To this add yogurt,salt,pepper powder and 1/2 cup ice cold water.Mix and blend to a fine liquid of sorts.Set aside for 1 hour,covered
- Strain the drink into a jug and cool it in the fridge for 1/2-1 hour.
- Drink when you wish.You can carry this in your cooler bottle and enjoy it thro' out the day when it is really hot and unbearable.
- You can find curry leaves in bunches in any Indian Grocery store.Just pick the leaves and wash them before use.Throw away the stems or twigs.
Leave a review or comment