Mini Chilli Con Carne PiesPrep: 5 min Cook: 20 min Servings: 6by Hungry Jenny474 recipes>
These can be a bit tricky to make as you need to time the baking of the tortilla wraps just right to get the mini pie effect - but they are worth trying out because the end result is so cute! http://hungryjenny.blogspot.com/2010/05/friday-pie-day-mini-chilli-con-carne.html
- 2 soft tortilla wraps
- 50g lean minced beef
- 50g chopped tomatoes
- 6 cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1 celery stalk, chopped
- 2 tbsp kidney beans
- 2 tbsp chopped red onion
- 1 minced garlic clove
- 1 tbsp tomato puree
- Juice of half a lemon
- Use a large cup to cut three circles out of each tortilla. Cut the remainder into thin strips if you want to create 'lattice' tops.
- Put the wraps in foil and bake at 180 degrees for about 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile, fry the onion and garlic. Add the mince to brown, followed by the rest of the ingredients. Mix well until everything is cooked through.
- Drape the 6 circle wraps over an upside down muffin tray and bake for another 5-10 minutes until golden. Leave the thin strips in foil to keep warm.
- Leave the wraps to cool slightly, then turn over and spoon the mince mixture into each one. Lie 3-6 strips over the top to create a 'lattice' top!
Leave a review or comment