Mexican ricePrep: 5 min Cook: 25 min Servings: 4by Candice Goodyear49 recipes>
Found this recipe on 'Cooking Classy' I tweaked it a tiny bit and it is amazingly close to the rice I love at mexican restaurants. I was actually amazed.
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 cup rice (I use parboiled)
- 2 cups water
- 2 tsp caldo de tomato (I used knorr brand)
- 1/2 tsp onion powder
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1/4 tsp black or white pepper (I've used both)
- 1/4 chili powder
- 1 tbsp diced jalopeno (I used the ones from a jar)
- 1/2 of small onion
- In a mixing bowl mix warm water, caldo de tomato, chili powder, onion powder, garlic powder and pepper. Set aside.
- In a medium non stick skillet add olive oil heat on medium high heat
- Add rice and onion cook until onion is translucent and rice is slightly golden and puffy about 3 to 5 minutes.
- Add water mixture, cover and reduce heat.
- Cook for 20-25 minutes until water is absorbed.
- Remove from heat and let stand for 5 minutes.
- Fluff with a fork and serve.
Leave a review or comment