Mexican Pork and Bean Soup
- 1/2 pound lean ground pork
- 1 small onion diced
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 14 1/2-oz. can chicken broth
- 1 14 1/2-oz. can Mexican-style chopped tomatoes
- 1 15-oz. can pinto beans, drained
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne
- In large heavy saucepan brown and crumble ground pork.
- Stir in onion and garlic; cook and stir until onion is soft, about 3 minutes.
- Stir in all remaining ingredients, bring to a boil, lower heat and simmer about 10 minutes.
- Makes six one-cup servings
Leave a review or comment