Mexican ColeslawPrep: 10-15 min Servings: 12by Denise Sherin115 recipes>
I looked over a lot of Mexican flavored coleslaws and this is what I came up with...we wanted full flavor to go with our fish tacos and this fit the bill.
- 6-8 cups green cabbage, shredded
- 1/2 to 1 carrot, shredded
- 1/2 red onion finely diced or grated
- 1/3 cup fresh cilantro, minced (more if you like)
- Vinaigrette Dressing:
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- juice of 1 lime and a little zest (2 limes if like)
- 1-2 Tbsp honey
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1/2 tsp cumin
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp pepper
- In a large bowl combine cabbage, carrot and onion and mix well
- In another bowl whisk together all vinaigrette ingredients, taste and adjust seasoning to taste.
- Pour over cabbage mixture and stir well.
- chill to let flavors blend.
Leave a review or comment