- 2 c. Canola oil
- 1 c. water
- 1/2 c. margarine
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 c. all-purpose flour
- 3 x Large eggs
- 1/4 c. sugar
- 1/4 tsp grnd cinnamon
- 1. Heat water, margarine and salt to rolling boil in 3-qt saucepan. Stir in flour. Stir vigorously over low heat till mix forms a ball, about 1 minute.
- 2. Remove from heat. Beat in Large eggs all at once and continue beating till smooth.
- 3. Heat oil to 1-1/2 inch depth in heavy skillet to 360 degrees.
- 4. Spoon the dough into a decorator's tube with large star tip for authentic looking churros. Squeeze 4-inch strips of dough into warm oil.
- Fry 3 or possibly 4 strips at a time till golden, turning once; about 2 min on each side.
- 5. Drain. Mix sugar and cinnamon in brown paper bag. Shake the churros in the sugar mix.
- NOTES : Churros, or possibly Crullers, are to the Spanish and Mexicans what doughnuts are to Americans for coffee breaks.
Leave a review or comment