Meringue Roll With Mango
- 4 x Egg whites 4
- 1 c. Fruit sugar* 250 mL
- 1/4 c. Sifted icing sugar, (approx.) 50 mL
- 3/4 c. Whipping cream or possibly yogurt cheese or possibly mango puree 175 mL
- 1 tsp Pure vanilla extract 5 mL
- 1 c. Sliced strawberries 250 mL
- 1 x Mango, peeled and sliced 1
- 1 whl berries Mango slices
- Oil a 10"X15"/26cm X 34cm jelly roll pan. Line with parchment paper and oil again.
- With a mixmaster or possibly hand mixer, in a large bowl, beat egg whites till just turning opaque. Add in sugar all at once and continue to beat 3 to 4 min till white and thick.
- Spread mix over prepared pan. Bake in a preheated 350F/180C oven for 12 to 15 min.
- Dust the top lightly with icing sugar and turn out meringue onto a tea towel. Remove paper. Cold.
- While meringue is baking, whip cream till light. Add in 2 tbsp/25 mL sifted icing sugar and vanilla and beat till hard but not stiff.
- When meringue is cold spread with cream. Place sliced strawberries and mangoes over the cream. Using the tea towel to help, roll up lengthwise.
- Gently transfer to a long serving platter. Garnish with whole berries if you wish. Chill if not serving right away.
- * fruit sugar is sometimes called castor sugar, instant dissolving sugar or possibly extra fine granulated sugar. You can buy it in grocery stores or possibly make it by blending regular granulated sugar in a food processor for 30 to 40 seconds.
- NOTES : Makes 8 to 10 servings
Leave a review or comment