- 2 Tbsp. butter
- 4 x shallots, mixed
- 1 sprg thyme
- 1 x bay leaf Dash of crushed peppercorns
- 1/4 c. minced red bell pepper
- 1/4 c. minced yellow bell pepper
- 1 c. dry white wine
- 1 c. veal or possibly beef stock
- 1 c. chicken stock
- 2 x roma tomatoes, peeled, seeded and diced Salt and pepper
- In a heavy pan, heat 1 Tbsp. butter and saute/fry shallots, thyme, bay leaf, peppercorns and red and yellow bell peppers over medium heat for 3 min.
- Add in wine and simmer over high heat till reduced by three-fourths, to make a glaze. Add in veal stock and chicken stock and simmer, uncovered, over high heat till reduced by one-fourth. Add in tomatoes and bring to slow simmer. Cook, covered, for 20 min.
- Stir in remaining 1 Tbsp. butter and season with salt and pepper to taste. Strain, discarding bay leaf and thyme before serving.
Leave a review or comment