Mcdonald's Mcchicken Sandwich
- Vegetable oil for fryer
- 1 x egg
- 1 c. water
- 2/3 c. all-purpose flour
- 1/3 c. tempura mix (or possibly 1/3 c. flour for a total of 1 c. if tempura mix is unavailable)
- 2 tsp salt
- 1 tsp onion pwdr
- 1/2 tsp Accent(r)
- 1/4 tsp freshly-grnd black pepper
- 1/8 tsp garlic pwdr
- 4 x chicken breast filets
- 4 x sesame seed hamburger buns
- 1 c. minced iceberg lettuce
- 1/4 c. mayonnaise
- 1/8 tsp onion pwdr
- McChicken Sauce: Stir ingredients together well, chill till needed.
- Preparing your McChicken Sandwich: Beat the egg and then combine it with 1 c. water in a small, shallow bowl. Stir.
- Combine the flour, salt, pepper, Accent, onion pwdr and garlic pwdr in a one gallon size zip lock bag.
- Lb. each of the breast filets with a mallet till about 1/4-inch thick. Trim each breast filet till it is round. Coat each filet with the flour mix by shaking in the zip lock bag. Remove and dredge each filet in the egg mix, coating well.
- Return each filet to the flour/seasoning mix. Shake to coat. Put filets, bag and all, in the freezer for at least an hour. Cover and chill remaining egg mix. After freezing, repeat the "coating" process.
- Deep fry the chicken filets at 375 degrees for 10 to 12 min or possibly till light brown and crispy. As the chicken is frying, toast the buns.
- On the crown side of the bun, apply 1 Tbsp. of mayonnaise mix, followed by 1/4 c. minced iceberg lettuce. Then top with the cooked chicken patty, and the heel of the bun. Wrap tightly in a 12- by 16-inch piece of waxed paper, and let stand 6 to 8 min.
- Microwave on high, individually, for 15 seconds and serve.
- This recipe yields 4 sandwiches.
Leave a review or comment