Marinated White Bean And Chipotle Salad
- 1 lb White beans (Navy, or possibly whatever, I used Canellini)
- 3/4 c. Extra virgin olive oil (I used about 1/2 c)
- 1/4 c. White wine vinegar ( I used about 1/3 c)
- 2 Tbsp. Dijon mustard
- 4 x Chipotle chiles, soaked in warm water for 20 minutes seeded (ahh, who needs to do which!), and julienned
- 2 x Scallions (green onions), minced
- 2 sprg fresh oregano,
- 1 tsp Dry oregano Salt and pepper
- Wash beans, heat with 2 quart water, bring to boil and cook till just tender
- (ca 1 hr). Do not overcook them. Turn off, and let cold in the water.
- Whisk the oil, vinegar and mustard together. Pour over beans in large bowl. Add in chiles, scallions and oregano. Season to taste with salt and pepper, and mix well. Try not to break the beans (it's tough). Marinate refrigerated for at least 24 hrs before serving.
- Serves 8-10. I lined thebowl with some endive (the Davis farmer's market has a vendor selling it pretty cheaply).
Leave a review or comment