Marinated Goat Cheese SpreadPrep: 20 min Servings: 10by Sara Gray8 recipes>
Wow! Not only is this a pretty appetizer, but it's a real crowd pleaser too! Easy to put together, you can make it ahead and then serve it when you are ready. The aromatic flavor of rosemary permeates the cheese and makes for a delicious spread for sliced baguette.
- 12 ounces of goat cheese
- 3 Tbsp of olive oil
- 1 cup of oil-packed sun-dried tomatoes, drained and diced
- 1 cup of Kalamata olives, chopped
- 4 Tbsp of chopped, fresh basil
- 2 Tbsp of chopped, fresh rosemary
- 3 cloves of garlic, halved
- Slice the goat cheese in 1/4 - 1/2 inch slices. (Quick tip: use unflavored dental floss to cut the cheese. Makes nice clean slices.)
- Lay the slices of cheese on a large platter and sprinkle with the olive oil, sun-dried tomatoes, olives, basil, and rosemary.
- Spear the garlic halves with toothpicks and insert into the cheese throughout the mixture.
- Cover and refrigerate for 6 hours or overnight.
- When you are ready to serve, remove the garlic toothpicks and serve with sliced french bread or baguette.
Leave a review or comment